Enrich your classroom learning experience with agriculture education. All students can benefit from learning about how food is raised and what happens on a farm. Curriculums for our farm field trips can be tied to many learning objectives including social studies, science, technology and mathematics.
2016 - 2017 Farm Tour Information
Ag education is our passion! Fawn View Farm's school tours are designed to be engaging, active and hands-on for students of all ages. We can facilitate tours for pre-school ages through the high school level.
Farm tours are scheduled Monday through Friday, from 9am to 4pm. The weekends are reserved for hosting birthday parties.
$6.00 per person*
*Please note, there is a $100 minimum charge for all farm tours. If your group has fewer than 17 people, you will be expected to pay the minimum fee.
Our educational farm tours last about 2 hours. Students will get a first-hand look at the day-to-day operation of a working dairy farm with a mix of guided tour and hands-on activity. Our tours include a mix of:
- Care and feeding of animals on a dairy farm, Kids get to feed baby calves
- Tour of the milking parlor and where the milk is stored until daily truck pick up
- Hay ride - guided tour of the farm with overview of seasonal farming activity
- Overview of farm equipment and what it's used for
- Each person will receive a refreshing dairy treat
- Several Photo Opportunities
- There is a $100 minimum for all group tours. If you have fewer than 17 people, you will be expected to pay the minimum rate.
- All tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- A deposit of $75 is required to secure your tour date.
- Payments can be made by cash or check.
- All tours are rain or shine.
- We require 24 hour notice for all cancellations.
- Bus parking is available.
- Fawn View Farm is handicap accessible. Please contacts us prior to your tour to discuss any special accommodations your group may need.
- No pets are allowed on the farm.